Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Lecture with Dr. House

I snuck into the room as one doctor left the stage after he gave his lecture. It was, as I undertsood, House's turn to start talking. I got a good seat in the front and I had brought my notebook with me (I write notes in penicl better then typing).

Because of my condition, I stayed in my office for the night. Ced (like always) got me new clothes in the morning and asked what I was going to do for the day. I lied and said I would sleep more, but I was really going to see this lecture. At least infectious diseases were a little instrasting then anything else.

Out of the cornor of my eye, I saw him. Dr. Gregory House playing a blue Nintendo-THAT WAS MY DS!!!! I shoved my hands into my lab coat and felt around. H-He...grabbed my DS without me knowing!!! I was about to scream bloody murder, but the anoucer came on.

"Now we would like Dr. Gregory House of Princeton-Plainsboro Teaching Hospital to come to the stage to give us his lecture on infectious diseases. Dr. House?"

House stood up and slipped MY DS into his coat. I held myself back from jumping up there and grabbing back my game. At least it was only POP...not my beloved Mairo Kart. Mmm if he plays games I bet he knows Mairo Kart. Maybe I should play him sometime. My thoughts were cut off my Greg starting.

"Infectious deseases...where do I start. First of all-" His eyes fell on me and he paused. I just smiled at the older and looked back down at my notebook, but I pulled out a sharpy. I skribbled something and held it up a little so only Greg could see.

Go on Dr. House. I'm listening, and...RETURN MY DS!
-Edward

He just smirked at me and started his lecture.

Funny to me was all through the lecture I was smiling and really thinking. I liked the way he told stories about things that happened at PPTH. I was really enjoying myself. I guess Greg wasn't all bad, just you have to get use to the smugness. Though I think he loved to maintan that quality, then highlights any day. Sometimes I would look up at him, and he would look over at me. It was like he was teaching me a thing or two about what being a doctor meant. I knew what it meant, but I think he wanted me to see from his point of veiw rather then mine.

When the lecture was over, I gathered up my stuff and headed towards him. "Hey, if your busy or anything. I could take you to lunch or something. My treat?" I smiled at him, like we were becoming friends. If he thinks its a date I'll shoot him.

House blinked at me for a few times and smirked. "Okay your paying and," He held up my DS, "I'll hang on to this for a while." WHAT!

"NO! GIVE IT BACK!" But before I knew it, he was hobbling away! I ran after him, my face beat red. "DR. HOUSE GIVE ME BACK MY GAME!" I yelled. But to tell the truth, I was having a good time.

4 comments:

Dr. Gregory House said...

So you liked the lecture.
Thanks again for lunch and by the way, your Nintendo is in your in-box.
Does Fayt already know we'll have dinner together tonight?

Dr. Edward J. Marks said...

Thank you *hugs DS* and your welcome. Sorry I was tired that night I showed you two around, I've been having sleeping problems lately. And yes I called him and told him we have some very nice Doctors coming to dinner with us. I think he likes that we go out with new friends now.

Dr. Gregory House said...

Some very nice doctors?
I thought there was only one...

Dr. Edward J. Marks said...

Yes Wilson is one and I'm the other nice doctor ^^